Thursday, March 4, 2010

Crap Happens

When Karver was only a few days old Mike was changing his diaper(it happen to be the middle of the night). Anyway I hear a little toot and look up to find Mike splattered in baby poo. Instead of being the loving wife and hurrying to help him I bust up laughing and tell him the age old adage (Sh@#) Crap happens. He on the other hand did not find this at all amusing. Unfortunately most things in parenthood come around more then once. Today while going to grab a diaper to change Karver's already slightly stinking bum I hear a slightly wet toot. When I get back with the diaper I realize why the wet toot. You do the math. Let's just say it started running down his leg before I could do anything there was some on the carpet! I grabbed him and ran to my bathroom where tossed him the bathtub. Luckily he wasn't wearing pants and so I didn't have to strip those off but I did have to spray him down with our shower head while he screamed his protests.
Nevertheless I was able to get him cleaned up. I then checked to see how much damage was done on my mad dash to the bathroom. The main splatters were in his room and on the path to the bathroom. So I spent the morning with the carpet cleaner(I thankfully have not had time to return it to my good friend/neighbor)cleaning poop.
Finally when that task was done I decided to take Karver into the backyard to get some fresh air-the sun was out. I took a plastic bag with me to pick up some of Daisy's (our dog's)leftovers. Only to find out that my backyard has become the neighborhood dog park. There is a law in my city that dog's cannot be out without a leash. I think several of my fellow dwellers have forgot about that rule or else they are bringing their pooping machines to my backyard. I don't have a problem picking up after my own pet. But a 9 lb dog does not leave behind the same "pile" as a lab. so instead of playing with Karver I got to pick up a whole lotta crap.
Moral of the story CRAP HAPPENS

6 comments:

Britt said...

Sorry about all the crap. That was a main reason to get a fence. You should try it! And you wouldn't even have to fence the whole yard.

Penguin said...

Ah a fence..in my dreams-too many other expenses

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

Hahaha. Thanks for the laugh!

Jenny said...

There is always crap in my yard too. I don't understand why people don't just pick up after their dogs! But anyway, I am glad you FINALLY decided to write another blog post...and a super funny one too!

Scott and Megan said...

hey there jackie! FOR THE RECORD...I totally agree and NEVER let my little monsters poop anywhere other than my own backyard (occassionally an accident near Utah Lake). I know this to be true, because well, it's just rude and last saturday I spent the entire day taking care of the winter poop scoop! OMGOSH a dream of a 9 lb dog instead of 40 lbs and 150 lbs. Scott laughs and says he could take a crap in the backyard and we wouldn't know the difference! LOLOLOL. However, I do highly recommend the fence (I know who has money to just throw around). But you know what they say "fences make the best neighbors"-- xo